Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Part 2: The year of MAJOR changes

I was officially on FIRE after my first year back to being healthy and in shape. I was very conscious about what I ate, what I drank, how I worked out, my cardio, I left nothing out. And several more months later in July '06I took what I felt were HOT pictures considering there I'd come from 17months earlier. I mean I was looking like something and somebody for a change. I had a shape to my legs, my waist was slimming down and I started having definition in my arms. BOY WAS I EVER EXCITED. But still I didn't stop here. At this point I was working out DAILY. I was eating AT LEAST 5-6 meals a day which consisted of lean protein, complex carbs and veggies. Of course I'm human I had my cheat days but after several months of operating this way it was almost like a cheat day wasn't really a cheat. And it turned from an entire day to a meal or snacks but compared to where I'd been before my cheats weren't that bad. I came from a place where I ate Oreo's, drank Pepsi, ate entire Totino's pizza's for lunch, made things for dinner like Hamburger Helper and anything else starchy that was HIGH in carbs and FAT!! By the way I HATE Oreo's & Pepsi but I ate and drank them because they were in the house - so here's your FIRST step. . . eliminate these items from your grocery list thus eliminating them from YOUR HOUSE!! If you don't have these items in your house and you have a craving for them that means you have to get up get dresses and go get them. Having to put forth so much effort at random times of day and night will make you think twice about eating such unhealthy items. In order to clean our bodies up on the outside we have to start with the inside and that starts with what we put in our mouths. Now this may not be for everyone but I also eliminated cheese & milk from my diet and obtained my calcium from alternate sources one of which being VITAMINS.

Now at this point I am a full fledged full steam ahead BUFFMOTHER. I'm blogging on a daily basis and receiving all kinds of healthy tips and information from women who had now become my friends. My workouts were going great and the changes were happening in a way I had never expected. Needless to say some Life situations kept me from competing but the dream to walk across that stage never left my heart. October 2006 I felt it was time to take one more picture to see where I was and I was floored. Especially when I compared them to my starting point. In 20months I had completely changed my LIFE by changing my habits and my behavior and it paid off in an astronomical way!!
 Those 20 months were the foundation of it all. They were the beginning hard months that taught me a lesson about myself and about my will power over my cravings and my mind. The journey of weight loss is not an easy journey and if it was everyone would be doing it and loosing weight at the drop of a dime, but they're not. It takes MOTIVATION, DEDICATION, DETERMINATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SUPPORT to achieve your goal of weight loss and I'm here to provide you all of that and MORE!!! I'm going to bid farewell right now and go workout myself but when I come back we will finish this story and move into the nitty gritty with Part 3: Let's Get Real & Get Right!! How I got to where I am today and how I will get to where I belong in the future.
Love Ya, KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment