Thursday, February 3, 2011

Against All Odds!!!

Boy Oh BOY lemmi tell ya. . . yesterday was a VERY challenging and long day, but I passed with flying colors if you ask me!!
As you all already know its SuperBowl week and I headed to Dallas to spend time with LC and some of my friends down here in the Big D. Needless to say we are all pretty much being affected by this weather one way or another and yesterday was my day to be affected by it in EVERY WAY!! I initially wanted to be upset and I realized what purpose was that gonna serve. Instead I just sat back and took the entire day in stride and stuck to my original plan which included 2 major things which were 1) eating my own food and 2) getting a workout in at some point during the day. I basically decided that Against All Odds I was going to succeed!
So sit back and  lemmi give you a rundown of how the day went from start to finish, hopefully you can get a laugh out of it as I have been able to now that it's over LOLOL . . . For starters I received my first shocker when I tried to check into my flight the night before to unexpectedly find out I've been moved from my Hartford to Charlotte flight and now I'm going Hartford to Philly. . . hmmmmmmm ok can you say email or call a sista?!?! The only plus to that was the flight was later in the morning so I figured the roads would be ok, ummmmmmmm NOT! I had to de-ice my car and dig it out then slowly (10-20miles/hr) make my way to the airport. Getting checked in and to my gate was a breeze cause ALL the other flights were CANCELLED, hmmmm this didn't have me feeling very good about the situation, but they assured us we'd be getting out because we weren't flying into a city that was riddled with snow & ice. So my boarding time comes & goes and in the meantime between time a Charlotte flight lands and prepares to take off again and I ask "why wasn't I put on that one". Well they try to switch me then deliver the disturbing news that IF I take that flight my luggage WON'T be flying with me and they don't know when it'll get to Dallas, ok NO Thank You! So we wait, and Wait and WAIT!! During this waiting period I stuck to my schedule and ate my meals that I prepared. Well after I did that I was BORED and decided I would get a quick workout in since I was wearing my workout leggings and my sneakers were in my bag. Little did I know I was gonna start a trend. . . by the time it was all said and done there were 3 others working out with me :) It was soooo good to see others want to get up and get their Health & Fitness on with me.
Getting ready 2 get my workout on
My workout consisted of the following:
  • Walking lunges up & down the terminal to warmup
  • Dynamic Squats
  • Push-ups superset w/Dips off the airport chairs
  • Reverse lunges w/forward kick
  • High knees
  • Toe touches up & down 3 rows of airport seats
  • Abs
I soooooo HATE I forgot to record this workout for ya'll. I have no idea where my mind was. . . well actually I do, it was thinking about when are we gonna get on this dern plane!! After I got all cleaned up I had another meal then went to sleep for a little while because the thoughts of mixed nuts were dancing through my head. And thankfully I gave myself that rest because before I knew it we were on the plane . . . YEAHHH!!! What really should've been an 1hr15min flight turned out to be a smidge over 2hrs, URGH!! For one we were on the tarmac forever, then we had to be de-iced and finally we took off only to experience some "In the name of Jesus turbulence". We were put in a holding pattern and it had us going around and Around and AROUND thru some awful turbulence and the entire time I was holding onto the seat saying "Jesus, Jesus, JESUS" over and over again. I was so happy to land I coulda kissed the ground but I had no time I had to run thru the Philly airport to my next gate b/c my flight was taking off in 45min. YEAH RIGHT. . . I get to my gate and the flight was moved, I get to the new gate and the flights been delayed 2.5hrs.
Lawd Have Mercy Jesus
I was just mentally out down at this point so I just walked the Philly airport for a long time looking at the shops and eventually treating myself to some retail therapy in a cute accessory store. I finally went back to my gate and began eating some of my food and noticed I was sitting around several BIG ex-football playing men and one of them was eyeballing my grub and said "WOW you packed good, I need come over there and see whatcha got cause I'm hungry". OHHHHHHHHHHHH NO!! I gave him a look as if to say "you think you've delivered and felt a hard hit on the field but you come over here and touch this food and you'll get the football hit of your lifetime! Don't mess with a sista's food after she's been stuck in the airport all dern day. Especially now that it looked like we were about to be delayed again because yet again my flight time came & went. Once that happened the drunks started acting up and causing a ruckus and we thought we weren't ever gonna get to leave but finally we were allowed to board to find ourselves sitting for another 30-45min, then the pilot informs us that the flight will take longer then normal because of the serious head winds we're flying through, URGHHHHHH I was just OUT DONE so I said my prayers and closed my eyes and slept! Finally after 17 long hours in airports and airplanes I made it to Dallas. I am happy to report that during the entire day I only consumed food that was prepared by me and got in a very good impromptu workout so I suppose since I got here safely and stuck to my plan all in all it was a Good Day!! But its a day that I NEVER want to experience again!! So Against All Odds you can still stick to your fitness & nutrition goals especially if you remember to always, Always, ALWAYS Plan & Prepare!!
Love ya & talk to ya soon!!
KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment