Thursday, May 3, 2012

All Hail the Kale!!

Most of you already know I "Ride or Die" for some Kale. Heck I Love Veggies in general but I really do like Kale, Collards, Cabbage, etc and as luck would have it this delicious veggie shows up multiple times throughout the Beachbody Ultimate Reset and I couldn't be HAPPIER!! Now to top things off not only is Kale delicious but it is a nutritional POWERHOUSE!!
Let's breakdown the nutritional value first for 1 (one) cup of Kale:
  • Diet
    • 36 Calories & 0grams (ZERO) of Fat
    • 5grams of Fiber which promotes regular digestion, prevents constipation (keeping it REAL here), lowers blood sugar & curbs overeating
    • 15% of your daily requirement for Calcium & B6
    • 1,020% of your daily Vitamin K requirement
  •  Antioxidants
    • superstar in the when it comes to Carotenoids & Flavonoids which have been shown to fight against the formation of  Cancerous cells. And its rich in Vitamins A & C and manganese
  • Anti-Inflammatory. . .ohhhh who wouldn't use a lil reduce inflammation these days?? LOLOL
    • with just a serving you're getting 10% of your daily omega-3 fatty acids, which is what helps regulate the bodies inflammatory process and this reduces the formation of inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, autoimmune disorders & asthma
  •  The Big C. . .Cancer
    • As we discussed earlier it helps in the reduction on cancer causing cells but a healthy diet of Kale also provides Glucosinolates which have been proven to prevent colon, breast, bladder, prostate, ovarian & even gastric cancers
  • Cardiovascular Support . . .NO it won't make you run further or faster on the treddy
    • However the high fiber content in Kale lowers your cholesterol when it binds with the bile acids produced in the liver. Lower cholesterol further reduces your chances for heart disease 
Now enough of the mumbo jumbo lets talk about cooking and eating this Nutritious Masterpiece. Get a pot, put in some water & seasoning, let it simmer a little a toss in the Kale. . . YES its that SIMPLE!! I mean if you've ever cooked collards then you can cook kale. Now another route is to saute your beautiful leafy vegetable by finding a big enough pan, warming it up then adding coconut or olive oil, maybe a little minced garlic then toss your kale around in the pan until its soft but still has a bite to it. Remember. . .NO Chew then it's NOT Good for you!! I also like making casseroles and you can find here & here from my pics.

But lemmi get off my Kale obsession and talk about the  Ultimate Reset which supposed to be the main purpose of this blog LOLOL. To sum it up. . . All is going Well!! Yesterday's eats were very delicious and filling, I slept like NO OTHER last night and I'm down 2.5 lbs. BTW since I was feeling so good yesterday I did a little low & slow cardio followed by a kick a$$ yoga class that nearly killed me! For now we'll leave it at that and share with you a pic of my EATS from yesterday . . . more to come on the Reset, how I'm feeling, workouts, stretches, etc that I'm doing and anything else random that I seem to enjoy  talking about!

Stay Fit, Fine & Fabulous!!
Kenisha (KQ)


No comments:

Post a Comment