Wednesday, October 27, 2010

30 Days till Turkey Day - Day 1 Met my SECRET Lover!!

Ok as most of you know and will learn over this journey I am a TRIP. I say crazy things at the drop of a dime just depending on how I'm feeling. As much as possible I "try" to always keep a positive outlook and keep it light and happy. Sooooooooooo let's begin our journey with DAY 1. . . .
As promised I did my workout today and I took my beginning measurements. Since I've been doing certain exercises and workouts for so long I don't usually write my workouts down because I have a catalog of them in my brain but for you LOVELY followers I will start documenting them on a regular basis and if need be I will demo any the exercises myself or find a GREAT video showing you how to do what I've just done . . . aren't I such a sweetheart?!?! LOLOL
Anyway, back to beginning measurements and workout
Day 1 Measurements
  • height - 5'10 (this is 1 measurement I can assure you won't be changing LOLOL)
  • weight - 156 (not THRILLED with this b/c I wanted to be 155 but I will say this is the first time since I started College that I've successfully been in the 150's so long. I have officially been between 150-155 since my show in August
  • bust - 32in
  • waist - smallest point (about 1in above my navel) = 25.5inlargest point (about 1in below my navel) = 27.5in
  • hips - 36in
  • thighs - BOTH 22in!! (now that's a miracle b/c usually one thigh is slightly bigger than the other but lately they are they same YEAHHHHHH)
These measurements are quite acceptable for my off season but I would like to get to a new maintenance weight of 145lbs which would mean these numbers will decrease significantly . . . fiiiiiiiiiine by me :) This will require CONSISTENCY & INTENSITY both of which I'm willing to commit to with my whole heart. Now on to the exciting workout and explanation of the title . . . .

I MET WITH MY SECRET LOVER TODAY .  . . . Mr. Stairmill!!!!! OHHHHHHHHH how he makes my heart skip a beat LITERALLY! Unfortunately we haven't been seeing each other lately but today we had a date and it was GREAT. He was really busy and was only able to commit to a 20min time block but I took it and rocked out a SWEAT filled 20min of intervals (1min fast/1min slow). It was so wonderful to spend time with him again but I had to move on to the rest of my workout where I did Superset of all my exercises. Most of the time people do supersets of opposing muscle groups or body parts (example: bicep curls & tricep extensions). Instead I did more of a Compound Superset which can be defined here.
So here's what I did today:
  • 20min stairmill intervals
  • Plie Squats w/50lb dumbell x 20 superset w/Toe Touches on a flat bench x 20 (3 sets)
  • Smith machine lunges x 20 @ 100lbs w/Mountain Climbers x 20 (3 sets)
  • Leg Extensions x 20 @ 75lbs w/Seated Leg Curls x 20 @ 50lbs (3 sets)
  • Barbell Stiff Legged Dead Lift x 10 @ 135lbs w/Burpees x 20 (3 sets)
After this workout I was DRENCHED in sweat because I took minimal rest. Now I'm home all showered up and ready to work. I've had my coffee (new addiction that I need to break) and had Meal 1 - 6 EW (egg whites) w/asparagus and I've downed 32oz of water already. So off to work and to help motivate you all to reach your goals. As always much love & success to you on your journey and LET'S ROCK DAY 1!!!
KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment